Thursday, June 24, 2010

Feta and Oranges

Christopher and food. Some days he is a great eater, some days, not so much. However, I try not to overfeed him so if he's not hungry, he's not hungry. If he wants more, he can have more (after he eats everything I gave him that is). He will say no to something that he just ate up the day before, then completely chow down on something one day that he refused the day before. So sometimes I know it's not that he doesn't like it, he's just being picky.

So the other night, I had left over feta and I wanted to see if he'd eat it. I had my doubts. Feta is strong. I gave him a larger piece, it went in, it came out. No luck. So I took a piece and ate it, "mmmm, that's good!!! Yummy!!!" gave him another small pieces that could just go in, no bites. He gave me a face and I quickly said "eat, eat, mmmm, that's yummy right?" Quickly it was gone, his face turned to surprise, then he said and signed "moooree?" Success!!! Yeah!!! My kid officially is a lover of Dolmades AND feta.

The feta experiment:
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Wow, he likes it!
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

So I added it to his dinner. I got him this cute new plate that is more like a big boy plate but still suctions. That night he had a veggie patty, orange pieces and some feta.

 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

But this is what happens when I put the orange pieces in with the rest of the plate
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Christopher is not an Equal Opportunity Eater, no EOE here!
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

And gone!
"mama more?"
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

He ended up finished the rest, but perhaps next time the orange waits :)

No comments: