Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stair Master

After a crazy travel weekend the weekend before, we had a nice relaxing weekend at home this past weekend. Of course, relaxing meant getting all of chores done Saturday, making dinner for our friends family for his birthday and being able to relax even more on Sunday.

Christopher has had a bit more freedom of strolling through the house. I always know where he is, I don't really let him out of sight though for more than a few seconds. There are two places in the house though that he can pretty much roam out of sight for quite a bit of time and I know he is not getting into (too much) trouble. The first is obviously the great room, the second is the living room. It has the big windows looking out to the backyard which Christopher loves to push his chair up to and sit and watch the birds. Or he's climbing up on our big chair to read a book.

So Saturday I was getting his breakfast ready and he was in the great room playing. I hear "mama!" and look up to the stairs (we only have two) where I'd normally see him crawling up, but he's walking up. He's holding onto the doorway and walking up the stairs. I of course rush over in case he falls, which he doesn't, so I try to stop mid sprint to a casual,yet awkward "yeah baby? wow, good job!".

So I encouraged him to walk down the stairs. Showed him how to hold on to the side, watch where his feet were going, then use the basket lid to go down the last step. He was a little wobbly at first, but by Sunday had it mastered.

Here he is walking down the second time. Still a little off as you can tell.

and here he is Sunday night.

Look at him go, I'm so proud of him.

No comments: