Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fools Day!!!

So today, for mine and David's work, I made Hamburgers.


See...
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Don't they look yummy, and gooey with cheese? What? It's out of focus? Here, let me fix that.



  - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum


 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum


 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum


So much fun to make! And eat! It was a bit of work, but I spread it out over a few evenings.

They are pretty much yellow cake cupcakes, split in half. That's a circle of brownie as the patty. After I cut them, I tried to shape them a bit. But actually, the best "patty" ended up being the last. I was one short and only had scraps left. So a put a bunch together to make a "patty". David said it was best as it looked more like a patty since it had been formed. I had to agree. But looked at all 23 patties I'd just made and decided for my first time, the cut ones would do.

Then I put the different frostings on. David and I actually had a conversation about the order. We decided cheese on the patty, then lettuce then ketchup. And then some seasame seeds on top. Both of our works loved them.

I am so happy with the way they turned out.


I got the idea over at Bakerella, here.

No comments: