Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Did you make any resolutions last year? Did you keep any? Looking back to last New Years, I realize it's a bit of a blur. What with having a 2 1/2 month old at the time, I think my only resolution was to get more sleep and stay upright at work. I am proud to say I accomplished both. Yayy me!

As the last 5 hours of 2009 dwindle away, I've started thinking of this years resolutions. Christopher is almost 15 months old so the more sleep thing isn't going to fly this year. This will actually be fun. I'll have record of my resolutions to look back on and reflect on later. (Perhaps not so fun later? We'll see)

1. Lose Weight - Oh that's the biggy right? That's probably on more than 3/4 of our lists. 2010 is a new "new" year. I mean look at it... 2010, it actually looks all nice and skinny, it's THE year to get "in shape".

2. Better Attitude - Lemons? Lemonaide... My goal is to try to look on the positive side of things more often. I have a wonderful life. A beautiful home, a wonderful husband, an amazing son, two terrific dogs and supportive famiy and friends. Right now, all I see is lemonaide...

3. More Slowcookin' - It's sometimes a bit crazy trying to get dinner on the table after working all day and then driving 30-45 minutes home. The few times I've used our slowcooker it's been amazing. We walk in the door with dinner ready and delicous. My goal is to starting using our slowcooker to make healthy meals that are ready when we get home more often. No so rushed, I know it's healthy, I know it's ready. Phhhheww...

I think that's it for now. We'll see how I do, wish me luck :)

Signing off for 2009.

See you all next year!

Love, Alexis

No comments: