Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby toys or Toddler toys?

Last week I brought some baby stuff of Christopher's home from my parents that they had brought back from my brothers which he had used with the twins. I haven't done much with it since I need to find a place (or other new momma's house) to store it until it gets used again or donated. In the meantime, it's just been sitting in the house in a side room.

Saturday, Christopher discovered this supposed goldmine. He came running to me with a toy that I didn't recognize. It wasn't until I was holding it did I realize it was the toy from his BeBe Pod that he had outgrown when he was 9 months old! LOL

He also discovered his old play mat which he insisted on laying out and playing on.

 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

A long time ago he looked so tiny playing on it!
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Now he practically takes up the majority of it.

He's also very into birds right now. He has become fascinated with looking out the window at all of the birds.
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

I'm getting sidetracked (or side swipped as my mom would say) Back to the toys...
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

I think we are on to something here. No need to keep buying new toys, I'll just bring the old one's out after 6 months or so.
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

My son has obviously found the jackpot in toys.
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

The excitement! The joy! Toys!
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Huh? What? No baby, those aren't toys.
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Oh, you want to stack the (obviously empty) boxes from Daddy's last computer build?
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Perfect!
 - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum

Ahh, the joys of being 18 months old (almost 19 months old :( !! ) Now that he's so good at walking (and starting to run) he definitely keeps us on our toes. It is so exciting to watch his mind work, think things through and figure things out. He can watch David or I do something a few times and is trying it himself right away. We couldn't be prouder of him!

No comments: