Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wow, what a difference a week makes

I knew it would happen, it was enevitable. Christopher has gone from an almost crawling baby to much more, in just ONE week. Since last Sunday, probably since this last Wednesday, Christopher has become one mobile baby. He is crawling forward... yes, towards the object of his desire. He can then pull up to his knees. On Friday he actually used David to pull up from his knees to standing at the coffee table, proceeded to take two side steps. He then missed a grip and fell backwards hitting his head on the carpet. Half a second of crying later he's fine. Oh, did I mention this kid doesn't really cry when he falls? It's more of a look of "what happened? oh... look" and he's off to the next thing.

He's entered the "only mommy" phase. As of today, mommy mommy mommy. Double edge sword I tell you. I love it and hate it at the same time. Hand off to daddy? crying. Put on the floor with favorite toy so mommy can go get a soda? crying. Put in the playpen so mommy can go potty? crying. However, the kid is teething bad and just wants to cuddle and I can't deny him. He's got me wrapped around his little, tiny, itsy bitsy finger :)

And through all this, he's still such a great kid. So easy going it's hard to believe. He's still sleeping through the night (**knock on wood**). He's usually in bed 7:30-8pm and up at 6am-7am.

So yes, lot's of progress. I'll try to get photos this weekend and get them up. Also, I can't believe it, but he's going to be 8 months old tomorrow!!!

- Alexis

No comments: